New school location: Rehab site (Roslyn Park), Sandymount
- We have been in contact with the Department of Education and they have confirmed that the process of redesigning the Rehab site (Roslyn Park) has commenced and the current occupants will be moving from the site, on a phased basis, over the next 12-16 months.
- There have been no concrete decisions made in relation to the plans for Shellybanks ETNS once we are on site in Roslyn Park (either a new build or refurbishment of existing buildings).
- The Department of Education have confirmed that we will be staying on our current site for the next academic year (2017/2018).
- The proposed plan is to have a two-storey prefab placed within the grounds of Shellybanks ETNS that will be connected to the existing building. No concrete decisions or plans around these prefabs have been made yet. This is still being discussed between the RDS and the Department.
- It is intention of the Department that we will have a site visit with the reps from the Department, Educate Together, the RDS and School Management, in the near future.
- For the entire Shellybanks ETNS community it is positive news to hear that the plans have progressed and that the site is currently being vacated.
- As we receive any additional information we will keep you all informed via this website and school emails.
Where is the permanent location for the School building?
The Department of Education announced on Friday, 14th October 2016, that a site has been purchased in Sandymount from Rehab (Roslyn Park) as the new, permanent home for Shellybanks Educate Together. The new campus is off of Beach Road in Sandymount between Newgrove and Seafort Avenues.
How is the new school building funded?
The Department of Education has committed to building a 16 classroom school for Shellybanks ETNS and will fund the building works programme.
Why does a school need to fundraise if the Department of Education pay for the new school building?
All money raised through fundraising allows us to purchase additional resources for the school for example, IT equipment, interactive white boards, sports equipment and facilities, library facilities, resources that will support the implementation of the primary school curriculum.
*We will be updating this section as we know more, so answers will change.